The JMF6-Abingdon Pathways Programme
The routes away from JMF6-Abingdon are increasingly diverse and we fully recognise this. Our comprehensive and flexible Pathways Programme begins in the first week of year 12 and provides individual, bespoke support for all students right up until the end of Year 13. Full advice and guidance is supplied for all possible pathways, whether it be straight to employment, to a higher level apprenticeship or to Russell Group and even Oxbridge applications.
UCAS application process –
- Guidance with personal statements
- Full training on the UCAS system
- Programme of visiting speakers
- University Open Days
Oxbridge and Russell Group Pathways – JMF6 has a well-established programme of support for applications to Oxford and Cambridge and the Russell Group universities. This includes discrete sessions covering course identification, application writing, preparation for entrance exams, and interview practice, We do this in partnership with Abingdon School and Trinity College Oxford.
Careers Advice & Guidance – Formal and informal advice and guidance is given throughout both years at JMF6.
Ongoing Professional Development Programme
- Development of personal skills, particularly time management and organisation
- Awareness of global issues and citizenship
- Attendance at relevant Careers Fairs
- One to one advice from our dedicated Careers Advisor
- Visiting speakers from the world of industry and education
- Curriculum enrichment trips to places like Berlin, Brussels and Sorrento
- Sporting opportunities – regular timetabled sessions and a full programme of fixtures
- Performing Arts – contribution to school concerts and productions
- Academic opportunities – regular attendance at lectures and seminars at our ‘local’ University.